If you’ve landed here, I’m guessing you have considered the possibility of writing your way to success.
I’ve been indulging in my love of writing for some time, discovering the different ways I can impact people and monetise it at the same time. I still have a way to go, but to many I am a success and this is why I am writing this post. For you, the aspiring author, blogger or writer, this post is for you.
1. Write a book. That right there is the obvious choice, in my opinion. Most people want to write a book but most people don’t actually do it. Be the one who puts their words into action and put pen to paper, write that book, be known amongst your peers as the one who did it and enjoy the opportunity it brings.
2. Start a blog. And not just any blog about any old thing. Find out that one thing you are passionate about, and blog about that. Sure, there are many bloggers out there doing their thing, but what you do and how you do it is unique. So what if there are other beauty bloggers out there? Nobody can do it quite like you,and that is what will make you stand out against the rest.
3. Write a script. While you may not immediately get into the Hollywood production teams, your script will appear to new filmmakers who are building up their portfolio. So polish up that script, perhaps head to an industry networking event and mingle, get to know your industry peers and find out who can turn what you’ve written into something on screen. I did it, so can you.
4. Write for others. Not everybody has what it takes to write and write well, but they are willing to pay for others to do it for them. If you’ve considered taking a more behind the scenes approach, consider becoming a ghostwriter.
5. Write for your business. If you’re an entrepreneur and looking for ways to deliver your company message, consider what writing can do for your business. In fact, I will do a post about it shortly. But do consider how you can reach people through writing about your business on social media. If people can relate to what you share, they are more inclined to follow and purchase what you have on offer.
If you place value on your writing, if you can create something with your written words that other people are willing to pay for, then you can most certainly use writing to become successful.
It won’t happen overnight, I’ll admit, but consistent content will see you through to the levels you aspire to. Just let yourself create and write with confidence.
Writing a book or blog can be a lonely pursuit, but it doesn’t have to be!
Join my FREE online writing community and prepare to get involved in conversations, live videos, webinars, feedback and much more.
You can join here.